Days Since Logged in China

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Feeling a bit Hum Drum today!


Cough, cough, splutter, cough! Does this sound familiar? I am sure that half of Sydney has this damned awful cold!

Wally had it, Amelia is recovering and I am coming down with it! Aggghhhh!
This photo is of Amelia and I at our annual Winter Magic Festival. The community get dressed up and throw themselves into the spirit of Winter Solstice. I am the warrior icemaiden (hence the axe).
I absolutely love living in the Blue Mountains - it's such a wonderful community.
Haven't looked at RQ today (that's Rumour Queen which is an American website with rumours on where China is up to with adoptions etc - for those of you reading who may not know). I am trying to limit my exposure as it can cause me to develop high anxiety and depression. Better to continue to drift along in my positive affirmations of a sped up with referrals.
Can't seem to sleep tonight even though I'm sick and have to get up and be a brave little soldier and go to work tomorrow.
I work as an Events Coordinator and whilst the job is OK and the people I work with are great I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for it. I have been working in culture and events for close to 20 years now and perhaps I'm feeling its time for a change? Hmmm what would I be if I could do it all again? Maybe an archeologist? An astronaught? A philosopher? A professional salsa dancer? I wish I knew how to post a poll? It would be a good one. Maybe I'll give it a go but I can't promise anything.
Better go and try to sleep. Warm milk perhaps? The camomile tea definitely didn't do the trick?
Good night all.
Tina Marie



2 comments:

Jen Boote said...

Dear Tina Marie - you make me re-live my waiting time and I'm filled with admiration for you and Wally. There is nothing easy about the wait - but the end result is so worthwhile - as will be this journal to your long awaited daughter. We had our beautiful daughter placed in our arms on Christmas day 2006 - and she's just turned 23 months old - she is the absolute light of our lives. Feel free to follow our journey at www.jenboote.blogspot.com - I'll be keeping an eye on your blog - keep it up no matter what. Your journey is a bit similar to ours...but that's another story!
Jen Boote
mummy to Ebony Grace HuaXing
Mt. Beauty, Victoria, Australia

Lisa and Shane said...

Hope you're feeling better Tina Marie. If you want to put that counter thing on your blog, just click on mine and it will take you the site where you can get the HTML to put into your Template. Easier than it sounds - honestly! Lisa