Days Since Logged in China

Thursday, July 12, 2007

We are so excited!

Hubby and I were sooooo excited receiving comments. Sounds very corny but we were like little kids with a new toy.

A bit of background is probably called for now.

How did we come to this place? What led us to the decision to adopt?

Wally and I were brought together late in life, we both had very rich and full past lives which included a 17 year marriage for Wally and a couple of "live-in" boyfriends for me (well if the truth be known I had been engaged 3 times but was the poster girl for cold feet!) We met 5 years ago now at a dinner party. It was obvious pretty early on that we were from two very different worlds.

Him - country cop, three teenage sons, football loving, meat eating, blokey bloke.

Me - cafe late drinking, arty farty, animal liberationist, vegetarian, inner city dweller with a baby daughter.

Get the picture? I think that some of the first words to come out of my mouth that night were "oh, you're a policeman - I love the Bill!" What the hell was I thinking????

Despite our monumentous differences I think that we clicked because we had similar souls. I know hippy, trippy talking about souls but I do believe that our souls connected that night in a way which has resulted in a life long committment. He says it was because I had fabulous cleavage!!! Go figure!!

We have indeed enriched each other lives - he has introduced me to country music and I have taught him how to meditate. He has given me a sense of stability and groundedness (if there is such a word) while I have allowed him the freedom to explore and fly.

It was a difficult learning curve for both of us going from 3 teenage boys to a 3 year old girl and vice-a-verse-a.

The boys came to stay in holidays, the eldest Wes, lived with us for a while but all three are now pretty much independent (Wes is getting married in January). Amelia threw the typical toddler tantrums having to share mummy but she and Wally now have such an enormously strong bond. We are in the process of finalising a step-parent adoption.

Well I am rambling on and on. But it gives you a good background. Oh yeah, I did eventually make it down the aisle - well the beach to be more precise. Wally and I were married at Cronulla beach in 2003. One of the happiest days of my life (I know every bride says that!).

I had told him from the very beginning that I wanted more children. He wasn't sure. After all the vasectomy pretty much spelt out his feelings about planting any more seed! But as with many men, this decision was made thinking that he would be with the same woman forever. The universe had other plans for him though. So just before the wedding we had the snip reversed in the hope of bringing more babies into the world. Unfortunately, the universe laughed heartily at our foolish plans. Three years and 10 IVF cycles later and we conceded defeat! We had to follow a different route - we would still search for our precious little soul but she will be coming to us from a far off land now. Destiny was dictating our path. I am trying to be all Zen about it.

Well I have to go and put up a banner on the Great Western Highway - running late now because of my very long novel-like blog today. I will explain the banner tomorrow.

Ciao

4 comments:

Lisa and Shane said...

What a lovely post! Look forward to seeing your Blog grow! Do you mind if I add you to my Blog roll - always looking for other Aussies! Lisa

OziMum said...

I'm with Lisa! Aussies are lame-a*ses when it comes to using the web!!! I think they use it, but they're too scared to actually put anything about themselves on it (unless of course you're a 13 yr old girl, andlive in MySpace!!!)

thanks for sharing about your family! You guys don't look like you met "late in life"!!! You look to young to be late in life!

Wishing you all the best, for your family's future!

Lee-Anne

Cosmic Lollies said...

Thanks gals.

Add me to your blog roll. I am honoured. PS: what is a blog roll? and how do I add you to mine?

Cheers.

Lisa and Shane said...

Hi Tina Marie - a Blog roll is a list of other blogs you follow with a link from your blog (see mine to the right hand side) you need to find the spot in your template and andd the URL to that place. Bloglines, that Lee-Anne mentions, is a website that helps you manage all the blogs you follow. If you want the countdown clock like I have on my site - just click on the clock and it will take you to the site where you can get it from - and then gives you the HTML to put into your blog template. Again the tricky bit is finding where to put it in your template (I'm technically challenged so it took me a while!!) Hope that makes sense and helps? Cheers, Lisa